Applications for this role are now closed.
About the role
This role is a senior leadership opportunity with responsibility to lead the development and implementation of the SAGE internal and external communications, media and public relations strategies and support the SAGE CEO build and manage relationships.
The manager will play a pivotal role in strengthening SAGE Ltd’s national and international profile, enhance awareness of SAGE and its subscribers’ achievements and seek to influence stakeholders, government policy and engage in the wider conversation on gender equity, diversity and inclusion. As a member of a small team, the role includes the opportunity to be hands on to achieve the objectives of SAGE.
This is an exciting newly created role that brings varied and challenging opportunities; the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape SAGE communications and public relations strategies and campaigns.
The role requires strong media experience, proven capacity to engage through social media and proven solid judgement in stakeholder management, event marketing, political advocacy and influence. Exceptional written and presentations skills are expected to fulfill this role.
Location for the role is flexible and the position will work from home. The role may be performed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Develop, execute and manage communications, media and public relations strategies and tactics.
- Manage public relations and engagement with stakeholders, including writing press releases, advertising kits and promotional material.
- Manage the brand and creating marketing strategies aimed to attract and retain subscribers, supporters and sponsors.
- Design the SAGE social media strategy, managing social media channels, SAGE podcast, website and publication content calendar.
- End-to-end responsibility for all publishable material.
- Responsibility for publication production timelines.
- Development and management of the website, newsletters and social media analytics to understand opportunities and barriers and formulate strategies to address these.
- End-to-end management of SAGE events and promotional activities.
- Mentor of members of the team who contribute to the communications and public relations functions.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Capabilities expected to perform this role effectively
- In-depth level knowledge and experience in a combination of:
- Communications management
- Corporate communications and Public Relations
- Communication Strategy and Marketing
- Media Relations and Issues Management
- Writing and Editing
- Brand Management
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated capability in planning and implementing organisational objectives in communication activities and public profile management.
- High level strategic thinking coupled with the ability and willingness to operationalise and deliver tangible outcomes within deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment and a commitment to help develop the communications skills of members of the team.
Knowledge, experience and education expected to perform this role effectively
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s) and/or experience in communications, public relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in one or more roles that carry significant responsibility for communications and stakeholder relationships.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- A well-established media network with an ability to successfully pitch a story.
- Experience in engagement, relationship management and consultation with stakeholders.
- Proven skills in and capacity to effectively manage:
- Media engagement and liaison in both social and traditional media
- Online communication and social media
- Public profile raising
- Experience in publication production software and tools.
- Understanding of and commitment to principles of gender equity, diversity and inclusion and social justice and WHS requirements
Please note: this recruitment process, including interviews, is being run in conjunction with Aged Care Workforce Industry Council (ACWIC) who is advertising a similar role. Applications received for either role will be considered for both positions (SAGE Ltd and ACWIC), unless the applicant expressly indicates otherwise.
$120,000 – $150,000 including super
Further information on the position is available from Wafa El-Adhami, CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply
On SEEK, submit your resume and cover letter (max. 2 pages) summarising how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role.
Applications for this job are now closed.
SAGE Ltd aims to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects difference. We are committed to workplace flexibility, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, abilities, genders, sexes and sexualities.
SAGE Ltd is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee. SAGE Ltd’s Board of Directors is chaired by Libby Lyons and is responsible for the corporate governance and strategic vision of the Company.
At SAGE, we are guided by our vision for Australia’s tertiary education and research sector to be leaders in best practice gender equity, diversity, and inclusion.