Applications for this role have now closed.
About the role
This role is a pivotal element of the SAGE succession plan. It offers a career development opportunity for an aspirational leader ready and keen to work closely with the SAGE CEO to help shape and grow SAGE Ltd into the future.
As the SAGE Communications and Public Relations Manager, you will lead, develop and implement SAGE internal and external communications, media and public relations strategies. You will play a pivotal role in effecting the SAGE Strategic Plan and helping it realise its vision, whilst also strengthening SAGE Ltd’s national and international profile, enhancing awareness of SAGE and its subscribers’ achievements.
Using your honed expertise, you will seek to influence stakeholders, government policy and engage in the wider conversation on gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
As a member of a small team, this role includes the opportunity to be hands-on to achieve the objectives of SAGE.
The role requires strong leadership and media experience, proven capacity to engage through social media and demonstrated sound judgement in stakeholder management, event marketing, political advocacy and influence. Exceptional written and presentations skills are also expected to fulfill this role.
An attractive salary package, including 10% superannuation contribution, commensurate with expertise and experience will be negotiated with the suitable candidate. The location and working hours are flexible; the role is available on a 3-year fixed term contract on either a full or part time basis.
- Develop, execute and manage communications, media and public relations strategies and tactics.
- Lead and manage public relations and engagement with stakeholders, including writing press releases, advertising kits and promotional material.
- Manage the brand and create marketing strategies and campaigns aimed to attract and retain subscribers, supporters and sponsors.
- End-to-end responsibility for all publishable material.
- Manage, coordinate and support the team’s contributions to SAGE communications and engagement functions and materials.
- Management of the website, newsletters and social media analytics to understand opportunities and barriers and formulate strategies to address these.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Knowledge, experience and education
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s) and/or experience in communications, public relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in one or more roles that carry significant responsibility for communications and stakeholder relationships.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and experience in engagement, relationship management and consultation with stakeholders.
- Proven skills in and capacity to effectively manage:
- Media engagement and liaison in both social and traditional media
- Online communication and social media
- Public profile raising
- Experience in publication production software and tools.
- Strong track record of people management and collaborative teamwork.
- Understanding of and commitment the principles of gender equity, diversity and inclusion and social justice and WHS requirements.
How to apply
On SEEK, submit your resume and cover letter (max. 2 pages) summarising how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role.
Applications close 5 pm Tuesday 26 October 2021.
SAGE Ltd aims to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects difference. We are committed to workplace flexibility, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, abilities, genders, sexes and sexualities.
SAGE Ltd is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee. SAGE Ltd’s Board of Directors is chaired by Libby Lyons and is responsible for the corporate governance and strategic vision of the Company.
At SAGE, we are guided by our vision for Australia’s tertiary education and research sector to be leaders in best practice gender equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We are a small agile team looking to complement our current expertise to support our mission and the Company’s strategic objectives.