Please read the following details carefully as the registration and joining instructions are different from previous SAGE webinars.
In this webinar, the eSafety Commissioner will share content from their Training for university support staff and Workplace harms packages to help SAGE subscribers create a safer online environment for their staff and students.
The training aims to:
- provide an overview of the key functions of the eSafety Commissioner
- identify strategies to assist those impacted by adult cyber abuse, image-based abuse and technology-facilitated abuse
- provide guidance on how to prevent, prepare and respond to online safety incidents using the Toolkit for Universities
- give an overview of the Women In The Spotlight (WITS) program which provides training and resources to raise awareness about gendered online abuse
- highlight Safe Work Australia online workplace safety guidance, codesigned with eSafety
- share eSafety resources to support staff wellbeing.
This training aligns with our collective action approach to preventing and responding to sexual harassment, as agreed upon at the SAGE Key Leaders’ Roundtable.
Thursday 14 October 2021, 12 to 1 pm AEDT
Who can attend
Any staff member or student at a SAGE subscriber institution, provided they are at least 18 years old.
How to register
- All attendees must register on the GoToWebinar platform here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/673288560651392013
- It is very important for each unique participant to register, as the webinar will not go ahead unless we meet the minimum number of registrations.
Joining the webinar
To ensure your live webinar event runs smoothly, please ensure the following:
- Check with your IT department to ensure you can access the GoToWebinar platform.
- Ensure participants all register individually so they can participate on a PC/laptop.
- Use Google Chrome.
- Have audio on your computer/device turned on and up.
Recording and slides
- This webinar will not be recorded.
- Participants are not permitted to record eSafety webinars.
- The eSafety Commissioner does not record or provide copies of the slides due to the distribution rights of the images purchased for this webinar.
- They also do not share the slides as the information is constantly changing and they update their slides accordingly.
For enquiries about the webinar, email email@example.com.